Thursday, March 3, 2022

tunes have changed

It is so strange how Meade's teacher doesn't give updates any longer on the app we were supposed to download - it is only once a week now apparently.  I can't imagine that checking or highlighting 8 things really takes up that much time at the end of the day.  It has been a busy week getting ready for her birthday party Saturday.  She took cupcakes to class today and came home with two.  I asked if the teacher ate one or not and she said nope.  Look, lady, just take it and throw it in the trash.  It hurts the kids feelings if you don't take a cupcake for her birthday.  If you're worried about death talk, here's one way to be sensitive to a child!

I'm a little overwhelmed but so excited for this weekend. 

I got an email from the dance place where Meade has class on Wednesday evenings.  It mentioned needing help in the lobby.  I had no idea that when I opened it, it was asking for parents to refrain from cursing in the lobby since there are children always around.  Really?  No fucks given to this, although it probably was me.  I can't think of a time when I cussed yesterday but that means nothing.  Cursing is part of my normal vocabulary and I try to be mindful of little ears around.  There were classes late until after we left, so maybe, just maybe they were talking about someone else?

Right before Christmas, I stopped everyone in the lobby right in the tracks because someone was talking about the Legendary Santa and I offered that the REAL Legendary Santa from the Children's Museum died last year.  True stuff.  You would have thought I walked in naked, belting out Whitney Houston or something.  Everyone shut up, there was one child who's mom covered her ears.  Get real people!  This is life!  If you are teaching that the photo op Santas are the real deal, that is on you.  It's always something!

No comments:

Post a Comment