Thursday, October 22, 2020

cleared to proceed

This morning, I had bloodwork and another ultrasound with Dr. Edelstien.  This is the man that was so very kind and thoughtful as he confirmed the miscarriage back in August.  It was nice to see him and be able to thank him for making a difficult day a little bit easier, just with words and body language that exuded compassion.

The ultrasound looked great - my lining is thin, where it should be.  There are a lot of follicles, but none of those are necessary in this endeavor.  Kim followed up with an email this afternoon to say that my bloodwork looks perfect too.  I will start the oral estrace today and decrease the lupron injections from 20 units to 5 units per day until my next scheduled bloodwork and ultrasound on the 5th.

For a little context, when we were at this appointment last time, my body was ovulating.  Due to that, I had to stay on the 20 units of lupron for a few extra days before starting the estrace.  To me, today's information makes it seem like we are doing even better than before!

No comments:

Post a Comment