Saturday, October 24, 2020

here's to 37

It is hard to believe that today I turned 37.  Since this all began, my hope is that I would deliver a sweet baby in my 36th year.  Of course, it is not about my timing, but I am extremely hopeful for what 37 will bring, in His timing.  

While this year has been difficult to say the least, it has also been one of the most beautiful and rewarding ones.  Navigating this surrogacy journey and trying to find our new normal amidst COVID has not been easy.  I have learned so much about myself over the last year, cultivated the most beautiful relationships with Bethany and Phillip, and worked super hard to be the healthiest I have ever been in my life.  Throughout the challenges, it has all been more than worth it!  I managed to develop the utmost compassion for anyone going through infertility issues as well as those that may not face infertility but that go through a miscarriage.  I never put much thought into the turmoil that causes and while I didn't experience all of the emotional uproar, physically it was awful.

In recent years, I don't remember truly making wishes when I blew out my candles.  I probably haven't made a true (not material wish) in all of my life - until now.  Tonight, I wished for success in the transfer coming up and for all of our health along the way.  With my family surrounding me, I made this wish as the flame was extinguished.  I followed up with prayers for each of us walking this path together and going through it all with peace and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment