Thursday, October 15, 2020

crickets

Please forgive me for my lack of updates lately.  There has not been much to tell and to be honest, I am having a difficult time keeping everything else in my life together.  My grandfather is ill and will be transitioning to hospice care soon.  We had a brief vacation as the result of travel to the eastern shore for my cousin Matt's wedding.  It was nice, but a little thwarted with Art's condition.  We are still on track for everything to go as planned for a November 13 transfer!  I actually thought that I was to start the Lupron injections today, but quickly realized that I do not start until Saturday.  See what I mean - I am clearly off!  

I am thankful that I will have this to focus on as my grandfather continues to decline and passes peacefully, as soon as possible, per his wishes and to ease the burden on all of us that will remain.  I don't think I have ever prayed so fervently in my life.  It is tough, but it is good.  This man has been a light in our lives for over 20 years and at the age of 90, he has so much to be proud of.  His time has come to be with "his Lord," just as he has asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment