Tuesday, November 3, 2020

it's been a while

Everything has been a little challenging in my world lately.  My grandfather passed on October 26th and since he was transported to Florida four days prior, we had to wait to have his body embalmed and flown back before services could be had.  

We finally had his funeral today, after a visitation and Rosary service last night.  It was very nice and I think he would be happy with what was done.  I was honored to be able to speak during his funeral on behalf of the family but was surprised that I was actually delivering the eulogy when I saw the program upon arriving at the church.  From what my family said, it was very nice.  I wish I would have had some sort of thanks shown by Art's daughter, but I didn't.  That's okay.  I am going to put all of this behind us and remember that Art has been one of this journey's biggest supporters since day one and now we have another angel wholeheartedly helping on the other side to make it all happen.  I'll leave you with this sweet picture of Art, taken at his belated 90th birthday celebration this past summer.  He will live in our hearts forever!





No comments:

Post a Comment