Thursday, June 10, 2021

a new focus

I have had some time to wrap my head around what I am going to help with for the baby shower and I cannot be more excited!  I am going to be in charge of some of the favors - right up my alley.  This will give me the opportunity to use some of my creativity and also bestow gifts on others, all to celebrate Bethany, Phillip, and their sweet baby!  I have longed for the shower for a couple of years now - thinking of what it will look like, how I'll meet so many people, and how we will all be there for one purpose - one that has been way too long in the making.

On the other hand, I have to keep in mind that I have a million other things going on right now.  I am not being too quick to gobble up supplies as there's no sense in having to move those, too, later in the month.  Regardless, it gives me so much joy just to be a part of the shower!  

This afternoon Maria stopped by and brought us supper.  Another amazing BBQ meal that will feed us for another couple of days!  We did get some unfortunate news about storing boxes and/or renting the new house.  The lady is just not comfortable and while we have been preparing based upon good faith offers, we have to take a step back and go to plan B.  I am not sure what that plan entails yet, but I am not ready to give up just yet.  I understand they  have difficulty trusting us, but we are good people.  I am tired and frustrated.  Maybe today's news is a way to make me slow down.  Alternatively, this is probably a test from God to realize it is all in his hands and I need not worry (yeah right, that's not in my nature).  In the mean time, I will continue to be thankful for everything we have going on, trust God, and keep a little hope that the sellers will change their mind in the next several days to make the transition so much easier on us.  

Back to focusing on the shower details to get my mind off of the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment