Saturday, June 5, 2021

exercising my mind

Yesterday morning it was raining and this morning I haven't felt well.  I must say there is something to be said for the exercising, even if it isn't my old routine.  I have had a headache since early yesterday and am having trouble breathing here and there.  We were set to go to my cousin's today and the kids were excited so I didn't want to disappoint them - on we went.  I am so thankful - at least when I have something to focus on, I am able to forget how crummy I feel.  

We went to a little beach in Mathews before heading to my cousin's house for their cookout.  It was hot as the dickens but very nice.  I was so embarrassed that at one point I had to walk in the house to use the bathroom and I could barely breathe just getting inside.  It was not a long walk - that is just the random difficulty these days.  I pray that this shortness of breath continues to get better over time!

We saw old friends and met new ones today - it was nice.  A couple from Philly was there and they were as nice as they could be and I shared this journey with them.  The gentleman, a pediatric anesthesiologist was blown away and the wife, a teacher, started to devote her time to playing with the kids so I didn't lift a finger.  It was a village there with the children for sure.  By the time we had left, we were beat but it was a nice time.  Since we got in the car with max ac, this little one in my belly has been moving non-stop!

I will make it a priority to get out and walk tomorrow - I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment