Tuesday, March 17, 2020

no changes

Amid all of the shutdowns and information we are seeing constantly about the COVID 19 pandemic, I reached out to Shady Grove to see if they foresee any impacts to our timeline, knowing that the  precautionary measures could change at any time.  I was pleased to get this response back:

Currently, we don't anticipate any disruption to treatment cycles for patients. It is an ever changing situation, but we have an active task force that is watching/following guidelines every day.

All of that being said, many patients are still deciding to delay a little bit to err on the side of caution. It is a very personal decision and completely up to you. From our clinical standpoint there is no need to delay and we are ready to proceed when you are.

I know that this continues to be God's plan and probably a reason why we were scheduled much later than I had hoped.  I will keep up the positive attitude and do my best to stay at home, with the exception of getting essentials and do my job as not to spread anything unknowingly.  

In the meantime, I have been stepping up my walking game.  This past week, I walked 36 miles! (When I first started this journey, I think my monthly goal was 30 miles - what an improvement!)  What else is there to do when we can't go anywhere?  If you're anything like me, you're going nuts and walks do help to ease my mind and get me out of the house.  While I had hoped to get to the gym to weigh in tomorrow, that is going to be put off for now.  I'll keep walking, just outside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment