Wednesday, December 23, 2020

bling

Today, I got a package from my sister in law (Bethany's sister).  We don't exchange Christmas gifts so I was confused as to what it may be.  I opened a "thank you" card that shared Christmas greetings and the fact that their entire family was so thankful for me and my family and they wanted to express some of that with a small gift.  The necklace, in gold tone (which I have just recently started to develop a liking to - I have always been a silver gal), has two small gold bars - each engraved with my children's names.  It is gorgeous!  

I am flabbergasted by the gift, the love, and the note that accompanied.  The words mentioned that they wanted to honor me as a wonderful mother.  I question my parenting skills daily, so this was something that resonated deeply and it really felt nice to hear.  Beyond that, the necklace is so beautiful and something that I will wear proudly for years to come.  

I hate accepting gifts, but I must say this is one that is practical and perfect.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment