Friday, December 25, 2020

christmas angels

I think I speak for everyone when I say that this year's Christmas is just different.  There are so many traditions that aren't happening and it kills me, but my mind is telling my heart to try to enjoy the quiet time.  My aunt and uncle and their two sons came over for lunch this afternoon.  It was nice to not be on the road all day, going to different places.  However, I started to get antsy as the day went by.  Then, I got a message that Adrienne would like to stop by and deliver something.

I had just seen her last week but she wanted to drop off a gift.  She wasn't able to stay long, but as always, it was a lovely visit.  She asked me to open a new ornament that are beautiful angel wings.  She told me to open the remainder when she left, which was fine.  I was so happy to get some additional interaction and it was an even better surprise that it was Adrienne.  After her quick visit, I went ahead and opened the other card and gift.  I was blown away.  First, she had written a check to each of our kids for an exorbitant amount from her and her mom for their college funds.  It is still hard to fathom.  I am so glad she didn't write any check to me because I knew I would never be able to accept it.  The only way Jacob and I can accept the gifts to the kids is by matching it.  So, that is what we plan to do!

On top of the already too generous gifts, I couldn't believe there was something else.  It was a beautiful book by an artist that is known for doing oil paintings of angels.  It is a book about inspiration and devotion.  I cannot wait to get my hands on it for more than 5 minutes to read the foreword!

Merry Christmas, my friends.  While different, there was a lot of joy in our home today!

No comments:

Post a Comment