Wednesday, September 9, 2020

another day...

Another supper!  My dear friend, Adrienne, asked if she could bring us a meal this evening.  The kids and Jacob ate while she was here, but I just wanted to catch up.  We haven't seen each other in many months (thanks, COVID).  Here sweet mama, Ms. Clare, is the one that I visit and help every once in a while at Westminster Canterbury.  The worst part is that I have not had the opportunity to visit her since March, either.  It was so wonderful to have a few minutes for some adult interaction and with one of the most beautiful souls I know.  Not only did she bring a delicious supper (London broil, rice, veggies, and dessert), she also brought a bunch of sunflowers to add to my collection of fresh flowers around the house.

Once Meade was done with her supper, she wanted to hang out with the gals and was smitten with Adrienne.  They are friends for life now - Meade even showed her the new Elsa lamp in her bedroom!  You know that is special!  For me, it was so nice to take a breath and chat - there is so much we have missed in each other's lives over the last several months.  This lady teaches me so much daily about being kind, practicing generosity, trusting faith, and believing in myself.  She is an angel in my world.  To see Adrienne and share time with her brought so much joy into my evening!

On her way out, a FedEx man delivered a package of flowers.  I had no idea where they were from, but I assumed work had sent them.  When I opened the box, a gorgeous arrangement was there from another sweet friend, Malissa.  Mal moved to Florida last year so we don't get to spend as much time together as I'd like, but we keep in touch quite often via text.  I couldn't believe that she was so sweet to send the flowers and I am so thankful.



The outpouring of love and support never ceases to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment