Thursday, September 3, 2020

stepping back

I woke up with some pretty severe anxiety this morning.  I am not sure if it is because my parents aren’t here or if I am just over everything, probably a lot of both.  I am so hopeful for what tomorrow will bring but I think I’m nervous at the same time.  As I spent the morning preparing little gifts (the book I am Human) for Gregory and his classmates that are “graduating” from preschool tonight, I realized that I should not be so upset with the financial coordinator.  We all make mistakes and I need to take that into consideration.  Maybe instead of writing a letter to the manager, I should ask for a candid conversation to use as a learning opportunity verses her getting in trouble.  I wrote Kim an email and said just that.  After all – we are all human and we all make mistakes whether we admit it or not.  By the time Kim responded, she had mentioned that she had already forwarded my email to her manager and that she would be calling me before the end of the day.

I took a little break from work today to go and meet Gregory’s kindergarten teacher.  She was so delightful.  I really enjoyed her.  I think he will have a great year.  The distraction also helped a little bit on the anxiety front.  Back to work and back to the grind. 

Linda, the nurse manager did call me and express sincere apologies related to the frustrating situation with the financial coordinator.  I reiterated that maybe a quick conversation would be more impactful than her getting in trouble.  The manager said she would be happy to facilitate the conversation but asked that we wait until this week was over for me.  She happened to call right when I was cramping pretty bad and the Motrin had not yet kicked in.  I think I was out of breath from some of the pain and she seemed concerned, but I promised her I was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment