Wednesday, September 2, 2020

overwhelming frustration

I must say that physically the day wasn’t so bad.  I am pretty much out of it.  Just plain exhausted.  Yes, there is cramping and bleeding but as long as it doesn’t get like Sunday or Monday nights I will be fine.  I put in a full work day again and waited for the financial coordinator to call.  I connected with Kim earlier in the day and asked if we had to wait any longer or if they could just put me on the schedule.  She noted that she had sent my insurance information to the scheduler in Richmond and that the D&C would have to be done at the hospital.  Beyond being billed by Shady Grove, my insurance would also be billed by the hospital’s anesthesiologist.  Who the hell cares?  Just get this shit out of me!  Kim was working with the scheduler to see if there was any way to get on the calendar for tomorrow.  Beyond the logistics, Kim was pissed that the coordinator continued to drop the ball.  It made me feel a little less needy knowing that I was not the only one getting really frustrated.  It was mentioned that the majority of the work that they do at SGF is time sensitive but a D&C is the most urgent to get scheduled and everyone knows that.

Mom and Dad again helped with the morning routine and also helped me get all of the trash to the dump (our truck is in the shop) and run an errand before my workday started at 730.  I took a “lunch” and we played some more ten thousand and then they headed home.  It was so sad to see them go, but I was so tired I wasn’t sure which end was up. 

 I was fit to be tied by the end of the day when again I had heard nothing from the financial coordinator.  In a rage of frustration, I emailed after the workday and let her know that I still had any communication from the coordinator and that I wanted to know who I should write a letter to.  We are all tired and out of our routine due to this mess, so tonight will definitely be an early night for each of us.  I guess it is safe to assume that since I haven’t heard of anything scheduled for tomorrow I will be waiting until Friday to get the evacuation done.  It will be okay – I have to keep telling myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment