Monday, January 11, 2021

belly shots

It is strange in that previously, I would get so excited to start the new medicine regimen and shots.  Now, I am merely starting over in hopes that it will work.  I go into this cycle with absolutely no expectation, however, still with the highest of hopes.  Today, I took my first Lupron shot to the belly.  There is nothing special about it - just an insulin needle so it doesn't hurt, there isn't much hesitation, and it is second nature.  It did kill me to open the new vial, though.  To think about the teeny vial worth $500 did almost make my stomach churn.

In other news, I heard back on the job I had interviewed for last month.  I was not the chosen candidate.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed, but I also know that everything happens for a reason and the one thing that makes me nervous about actively recruiting is this journey.  All of the what-ifs.  I am so thankful to have been a candidate for the role and was specifically told today that the team will likely grow again this year and there is hope I will apply then.  It doesn't get much better than that!

You know, I really think it is for the best when I consider the upcoming transfer.  While my boss remains in an un-leaderlike manner regarding my attempt to leave, the fact I am no longer being considered should reduce some of that unfortunate friction.  In due time, I will be on to bigger and better things and she will have to live with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment