Monday, January 18, 2021

morning frustrations

I had my bloodwork and ultrasound this morning.  Since it is a holiday, they weren't sure if the offices would be open and it took a few days to just get confirmation and on the schedule.  I showed up at the Henrico Doctor's office just for it to be dark.  I got in the car and headed for Stony Point.  I knew that my appointment was supposed to be at HDH but I didn't have my work phone with me, which would have specifically noted SP vs HDH in the calendar.  I called the SP office and they told me just to come in but that their systems were down so they couldn't see the schedule anyway.  

Jacob was able to confirm that my work calendar did not indicate SP, which means that I was told HDH.  When I got to SP, and because the computers were down, I was handed a sticky note with the time of my arrival (8:29 when my appointment was 8:00 and I got to HDH before 8).  They were taking people back based upon the time indicated on the sticky note.  Finally, I was called back and I explained my frustration to one of the ladies.  She mentioned that she saw the schedule at HDH and told management twice on Friday about it and she assumes that they did not have time to call everyone.  Nice.

I've got to get over it!  We all make mistakes, myself included.  The ultrasound and bloodwork didn't take long.  My lining is at 14 mm, which makes me question why can't we go for it now, but I am sure there are reasons.  I will wait to hear from Kim later today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment