Monday, January 4, 2021

infertility gold

I went ahead and ordered the new vial of Lupron today.  It is nuts that 14 days of injections (20cc for a few days and then 5 thereafter) costs $499!  So for a vial the size of my thumb, it was five hundred dollars!  It kills me to think that I have half a vial left over from last time and I cannot get myself to throw it out.  Holy toledo - these expenses are crazy.

I have to keep in mind that Bethany and Phillip knew about the costs of the drugs when we signed up.  Of course, everyone hopes that things will work on the first try, so it is hard to fathom spending about three grand for each cycle for drugs alone.  I suppose we need to be thankful that the costs of the majority of the other services (most labs, ultrasounds, transfer, etc.) are included in the huge lump sum they paid last year.  And, if for some reason they don't get a baby, they do get that money back.  

Crossing my fingers that this will be the last round of meds they have to pay for!

No comments:

Post a Comment