Thursday, February 18, 2021

lucky already

I must say, when I think about the transfer yesterday, I can't begin to tell you how lucky we have been.  There was a snow/ice storm this past weekend that didn't mess up our travel and again another one today.  Gregory was out of school again - on top of being out Monday.  Thank goodness he was able to go yesterday so that I could get up to MD seamlessly!  The one that hit today also closed schools (for both kids).  Let me tell you - there is a lot of yelling in this house today - as I do my darnedest to keep them happy and also work.

Then, to think back on the COVID scare, my goodness - we really lucked out on that front!

To add to how lucky we all are, Barbara (Jacob's mom) brought over supper last night.  Not just any supper but Chick Fil A - what a treat!  We rarely eat out and that fast food is not on the top of our list even though it is delicious!  It is hilarious that Jacob requests no chicken, but then wants Chick Fil A - guess he doesn't want any grilled/roasted chicken.  It is a staple in this household.  Looks like there is more yucky weather to come.  The kids and I are hoping to get down to my parents for the weekend, I suppose we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment