Monday, February 15, 2021

mind marathon

I woke up feeling so great and ready to start the week.  Family friends of ours were scheduled to send their son over after school and I was making those plans because school was out and also offering to take their daughter for a few hours since Meade's daycare was closed, too.  Until Jacob informed me that his helper at work tested positive for COVID.  Holy shit.  This could put a wrench in everything!  His secretary at work decided it was up to Jacob to determine if he needed to get tested or not.  With the upcoming transfer and traveling with my mom, I decided we had to be proactive.  

I tried to keep my worries in.  Jacob was a disaster but I kept telling him everything was fine and if it wasn't we would get through it, just like we did all other not so great things.  I got to thinking about all of the people he may have come into contact with that would need to know.  Thankfully, he's an introvert - there were very few.  I tried to calm Jacob about the transfer and kept saying if it had to be pushed back so be it.  Inside I was trying not to freak out.  When Kim called to let me know that my appointment Wednesday is at 930 am, so I need to be upstairs at 9am, I told her of the potential snafu.  

Jacob had gone early and gotten a test at CVS.  I had never scheduled these things before though and he was told that the results would be returned in 3-5 days.  We couldn't wait that long!  We couldn't proceed with anything until we got a negative test - he is home from work, kids home from school, transfer postponed.  I needed piece of mind and answers - pronto.  I scheduled Jacob another test - a rapid one.  By 430 this afternoon, he came home with a paper from urgent care stating he was negative.  What a relief!  A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders although my mind feels like it has just run a mental marathon.  I'm tired but so very thankful that nothing would be further disrupted.

While I told Kim we would figure out the next steps if he were positive, of course I went further to ask more questions.  Apparently, one can only be on the progesterone shots for 6 days prior to transfer.  Thus, I would have to stop all medicine, get a period and start all over - this means it would have been another 7-8 weeks most likely.  Thank God for the negative test and the ability to resume some normalcy tomorrow. 

I'm joyful.  I'm tired.  I'm blessed.  I'm at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment