Monday, February 22, 2021

sick or pregnant?

Today has been rough.  I know I am tired from the weekend but I could barely keep my eyes open at work.  During a 1.5 hour call with the larger organization (one that I did not have to actively engage), I laid my head down on the desk and I know that I dozed off at least three times.  Jacob texted to ask how I was feeling and I told him that I was either getting ill or I was pregnant.  I am so very tired, I feel like crap, my boobs hurt with the slightest touch, etc.  All of that said, I refuse to give into the feelings.  I am thankful that they are there, but I have to keep my mind away from "knowing" this is it.  I would rather guard myself and be pleasantly surprised later than just know and be devastated next week.

I also resumed my 5 mile morning walk today.  Maybe that could have been part of why I was so tired?  As the day went on, I started to feel a little better but the exhaustion never seemed to subside.  It is just after 6 and I fully expect to be in bed within the next hour!

On a different note, I am in a group on Facebook open to individuals that are surrogates transferring in January/February/March of this year.  Having the community is nice, but it can also be crazy.  I think I mentioned in one last time some of the ladies stress themselves out over home pregnancy tests.  (By the way, Bethany and I connected this morning.  She doesn't care if I do any at home tests but doesn't want to know what they say.  While there are times I want to run to the store to grab one, I think it makes more sense to let things be.)  Another lady reached out to me on messenger this morning - she is a surrogate that also transferred last Wednesday and is nearby - up in Northern VA.  That is pretty cool.  Most of the people I see in these groups are pretty far away.  She was very excited and told me about her at home test she took this morning in which there was a faint line or a "squinter."  What is really cool is she is a surrogate for a family in Lorton (also NoVA), where she carried their other child and delivered last year.  I think that is amazing that she is on another journey with them again!



No comments:

Post a Comment