Wednesday, February 12, 2020

no disappointment

I was like a child on Christmas and there was absolutely nothing that could keep me off my high the entire weekend. 

Everyone was able to come with the exception of Jacob's brother, who we missed dearly, but he was off selling houses - kicking ass and taking names in the real estate world!

My grandfather, per normal, showed up about 45 minutes early when I was getting ready.  When I came downstairs he was quick to find his coat to show me something.  He pulled out the thank you card he had received from Bethany and Phillip.  We both had tears as I read their thoughtful and loving message.  He was so excited to meet them!

Bethany and Phillip showed up with a huge basket of things to try for nutrition purposes, focusing on protein and a more organic diet.  So much of this mirrored some of my favorites, just in a healthier way.  Within a few minutes, all of our parents had arrived.  We chatted and introduced everyone.  Brunch was ready so we all held hands in a circle while Steve blessed the meal and Bethany and Phillip also shared a few words.  Again, I don't think there was a dry eye.  So many of us hugged and the feast and fellowship ensued. 

All of us chatted as if we had known each other for years.  It meant the world to me to have their families meet my parents and grandfather.  My parents, still a little concerned about me throughout all of this, have never wavered their support.  I think that by them seeing the support from everyone else, who also shared their thoughts that my health was of utmost importance helped to ease their minds. 

One of my sweetest memories will always be Meade sitting with "Aunt Bethany."  Together they chatted, took selfies, played with her unicorn, and it just felt right.  I didn't want the time to end, but we all had our separate ways to go.  I still have yet to upload any pictures from my real camera, but Bethany sent me this one and it makes me smile every time!


No comments:

Post a Comment