Saturday, February 22, 2020

so much legalese

The time has come.  Things have been real for quite some time, but are now coming to fruition.  All four of us signed the Gestational Carrier contract for SGF yesterday.  15 pages of things that we already knew (addressing potential risks, etc.).  I would say that it would have been helpful to see that at the beginning to get a real understanding of the overall undertaking rather than putting it together in bits and pieces when asking for more info.

Bethany and Phillip are in the process of reviewing the fifty (50!) page legal contract between the two of us that was drafted over the last several weeks.  So far they say it is what we had already discussed, but they have to do their due diligence and read every word.  I get it and I will do the same.  The good thing is that they do not have to send their redline right back to their attorney, I can review, create my own redlines and respond to accept or discuss the ones they proposed.  This will cut down on a lot of the legal costs and is encouraged.  The GC contract, which oftentimes costs around $1000, we are trying to keep to about $100 by having everything hashed out and simply sending it over for final review and signature.

The nurse finally reached out yesterday, too.  The four medicines I have to take as this process moves forward will be delivered today (Lupron, Estrace, Progesterone in oil and Endometrin).  I am curious to know how much all of this costs - the pharmacy said when they got off the phone with me, they were calling Bethany for payment.  Ugh, I cannot imagine what this will set them back.  Also, we got word that right now we (all of the recipients of this one egg donor) are only waiting on one recipient to start their menses and then we are good to go.  Once that happens, everyone will get a timeline and have more of an idea of date of transfer.

As impatient as I have always been, I am a bit nervous now.  Antsy but happier than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment