Wednesday, February 26, 2020

i did it!

Back at the end of January, I was at 192.4.  With my period(s), not the best nutrition, and being sick for a few days, I was nervous to do my real weight check for my chart with Shady Grove.  Today was the day.  Bethany and I made a few nutrition/exercise goals over the last week and I decided that I would have to make progress and do the work to be under the 190.

This morning, I was so excited to weigh in at the gym.  The scale there said 185!  Woohoo!  The real test was going into the clinic, though, and using their scales.  I planned my outfit - a slinky dress with boots that I would take off for weigh in.  The lady had me stand backwards, which I didn't understand, but I did.  I did not get to see it (I wanted to take a damned picture for my own pride reasons), I was told 185.8.  So, I did it!  While Dr. Nair said I just had to be under 190 once, suggesting I could then gain weight, I do not plan on it.  I am going to continue to work hard to lose more weight prior to transfer.  I can do it!

I'm not just losing weight, though, y'all!  I am somewhat losing my mind!  There are no meds I am on right now that could be the culprit. For instance, over the last seven years in going to see my dear friend, Ms. Clare, for scheduled visits, I have never once simply forgotten.  Last night, I forgot.  This is clearly on our family calendar on the fridge (and my work calendar).  After I got the kids home from school, bathed, and sat down for supper, I saw the calendar.  I was mortified!  I called her daughter immediately and said I could be there as soon as Jacob got home.  I am the luckiest person in the world that Ms. Clare's daughter didn't skip a beat and was not upset in any way.  She told me to stay at home with my family and not to worry.  While I am so thankful for her understanding, I still feel like I am losing it.

I imagine this will only get worse as the year moves forward.  However, I will take my own shortcomings any day, all day, if it means I can help give Bethany and Phillip the beautiful baby they so deserve!

1 comment: