Sunday, February 23, 2020

support at work

I had an interesting call this past Friday with my counterpart at work.  He mentioned that our boss was worried about me and my well being, as it relates to this journey and work.  They both know that I put in a lot more effort than expected to keep it all together.  Unfortunately, our team is down two individuals and between three of us and our leader we manage to pick up all of the slack.  It doesn't bother me, I step up when necessary.  That said, everyone has been noticing my additional stress and hours at work.

Both my counterpart and my leader know conception can be thwarted via stress.  They also know that I am going to be more tired and out of the office for necessary appointments over the coming year.  They are extremely supportive and want me to start finding a better work/life integration now if at all possible because they don't want work to contribute to additional stress in my life.

When I was first approached, I was a little frustrated that my boss didn't directly come to me, but my counterpart and I have like a sibling relationship so she wanted to filter it through him first. 

This shows me so many things.  I am beyond valued at work.  My leader and my colleagues know that I work hard to get it all done and see that I go above and beyond in most situations.  They all support me wholeheartedly in this journey.  Only my direct team and a couple other centers of influence are aware of this journey when it comes to my place of work.  Since day one, they all have been nothing but supportive and have offered to help with work at any time I need to be away from my desk.  My colleagues care.  We often get so overwhelmed with everything we have on our plates.  It is nice to know that our relationships go beyond the office and each of them values me as much of as an individual as they do for my work abilities.

I am humbled.  I am thankful.  We all get stressed and have issues at work, but above all, I am valued, I am supported, and I am cared about.

No comments:

Post a Comment