Thursday, June 18, 2020

injecting hope



I am so excited to write that I gave myself the first injection of Lupron this morning!!  While I was nervous, there was no pain, a little bit of itching, and no side effects just yet.  Easy peasy (I dread the progresterone shots later)!  I put a feeler out on a facebook group to ask what known side effects some had experienced.  Most said headaches, hot flashes, and night sweats.  So far so good!  Who knows what the next minute or next week will bring, but I am ready to take it on!

Jacob and I also went this morning to re-do our infectious disease bloodwork.  You know, if we were to have an STD or some disease that could be passed to the baby, that would be problematic.  Everyone asks why Jacob, too?  Well, the clinic "assumes" we are having sex, so those types of diseases that are being screened for could be transferred to me.  We got this lab work done back in December, but apparently they have to have a new screen on file every six months and since transfer will be in 7 months, we had to get it done again.  While unnecessary, although I understand it, it is another way for the clinic to gouge Bethany and Phillip on top of the extreme expenses they have already incurred.

I hope to be able to write that I have no side effects from the Lupron, but we shall see!  Don't judge my ugly belly - just keep in mind it used to be MUCH larger!

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment