Monday, August 26, 2019

an embracing acceptance

The offer to explore more was accepted with open arms, teary eyes, and the utmost appreciation.  The response received was more than I could ever imagine and pure justification that I had done the right thing.  Here is a snippet of the correspondence back:


Julia Meade... 

There will never be enough words to express how deeply impactful your email was and how much love, gratitude and hope you instilled in me and P. We are speechless to be honest, but I'll try and respond best I can. 

First, it means the world to me to receive your words of condolence and encouragement. The last four years have been so incredibly devastating with one loss in our fertility journey continually leading to another.

Second, we cannot believe the magnitude of the gift you've given us-- a chance to look into surrogacy as a possibility. No one has offered this to us and we knew we would never in a million years be able to afford paying for a surrogate. Early in our journey we had to make the decision to not even consider surrogacy because of the ridiculous costs. The fact that you are open heartedly offering us a chance to even explore this means more to us then words can describe.

I am absolutely open to talking more with you. There are endless logistics and I'll have to do a lot of research, but it would be worth it for us to try and find some answers to see if this could work. If you'd be open to talking once I get more information I can share what I know about the process so you can make an informed decision on moving forward. We are completely understanding if you change your mind. We just appreciate the chance to even explore this as a possibility. 

I'm sending you endless love Julia Meade. Seriously. Thank you. 

B


She even shared a beautiful essay about their struggle and why her heart is so heavy on Mother's Day.  Reading this made my offer turn into a full investment into helping them create a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment