Wednesday, August 28, 2019

gestational vs. traditional

I had to do a lot of research here.  I didn't understand the difference and what it all meant.

At the beginning, I offered to also be the egg donor.  Let me be honest, I don't think anyone would truly want to take the chances on my genes, but if it meant an opportunity to be a parent, I was going to allow the option.

I talked to a couple of different fertility agencies in the area an they both said that they do not allow traditional (the carrier also donates an egg and gets pregnant via IUI).  Only gestational (the donor egg and father's sperm are implanted via IVF).  Well, I wasn't sure how B/P would take that, but I was somewhat relieved.  I literally heard back within hours that B/P weren't ever thinking about using my egg, they would definitely choose a donor. 

Well, this was the first celebration for me.  As I began to create my T chart - you know, pros vs. cons (yes, I am that nerd.) - I was stressing over the traditional option.  Frankly, the emotional separation part once delivery happens seemed so much more crazy than with gestational.  So, to me, the first obstacle didn't even have a chance to become one!!!!  Bring on the next!!

No comments:

Post a Comment