Wednesday, August 28, 2019

our first speedbump

Last Friday, B received some information from her fertility nurse that told me to explore different surrogate agencies and figure out the best one to fit my needs.  I was a little upset, hoping that since we have known each other for years that we wouldn't have to go that route, but we would do what it took to make an informed decision and this needed to be part of it.

With some of my exploration, I realized that the surrogacy agency was what would add substantial costs.  I am not willing to accept payment if this works and while I could write the check back to B/P that I would receive, we all know that the agency would charge well more than what I would get for their administration, services, etc.

When Jacob, B/P and I FaceTimed Sunday night, I asked that if we had to go through an agency, would that be out of the question on their end?  They both quickly said no!  However, it would mean that they would have to sit down and figure out all of the financials to see if it could still be an option.

B and I both seemed to be getting contradictory information based on who we talked to and when we reached out.  Well, yesterday, we got word back from B's fertility nurse that because I was considered a "known carrier," we would not have to go through an agency.

While everything is still up in the air and there will be many, many, many more logistical hoops to jump through, I am so happy that we have managed to navigate the first speed bump relatively quickly and we can chalk it up to our first win!  It is obvious we will likely have items like this daily/weekly as we move forward, but for now, we can celebrate!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment