Monday, September 23, 2019

home

Both of my parents have finally retired.  Their new phone number is listed as "home" in my phone.  Jacob and I have made a beautiful home and family to use it, but when we are all together at my parent's new house, it feels most like home.

We had the joy of going out on the bay, navigating the same waters I did so often as a child this past weekend.  The time to see the beauty of all around me and simply reflect was what I really needed.  I thought a lot about this journey, even openly talked to my parents about it a good bit.  Next summer, I want to be heading out to fish in the same waters, just with a little one in my belly.  

The peace that the Friday night boat ride and Saturday morning fishing trip brought me was more than I could ever ask for.  Beyond the peace, it I found confirmation that I am in the right place at the right time.  We are going to make this work and I am so excited for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment