Saturday, September 14, 2019

unsolicited support

I got the nicest note this week.  Even though I have met P's parents in passing a few times over the years, I don't know them well. 

This email touched me beyond words.  They offered their support and gratitude through the process:  "Your compassion and care reopened the pages to their story and gave new hope to their desire and longing to be parents."  This, my friends, is what it is all about.  We know it won't be quick and easy, but it will bring us all together closer as a unit and hopefully a sweet baby into this word. 

Beyond that, they shared a similar experience that a friend's son went through, which ended perfectly.  P's parents offered anything and everything through the process, so I asked if I could speak to those people and maybe even their GC if they were open to it.  I'd love to hear from others that have walked this path and hear their positive thoughts along with the real experience and tough times it can bring.  Together, I know we can come out with the same outcome.

I swear I say it all the time, but my heart is so full.  I never imagined that an offer would turn into something so beautiful and I expect that many months down the road we will have a celebration like no other!

"Make the world a bit better or more beautiful because you have lived in it."  - Edward W. Bok

No comments:

Post a Comment