Tuesday, September 24, 2019

discovery

I had the opportunity to talk to another gestational carrier yesterday, via P's parents.  They have a family friend in which their son and his partner used a known GC to have a child.  It was such a wonderful conversation that strengthened my conviction in this endeavor.

This sweet lady was so open and honest about everything that that was huge.  She helped me to understand how she and her husband worked through this with the intended dads, how their four children were educated on the process, how the logistics of it all worked, and how beautiful of an experience it was.  Most importantly, she said she would 100% do it over again because it was just that awesome.

There was something else she said that resonated with me.  Everyone talks about how kind and selfless a compassionate carrier is.  What most do not understand is that carriers get so much more out of this process.  The satisfaction of carrying a child for someone else is something that very few get to experience and I know in my heart that I am doing this just as much for me as I am for B/P.  While some say GCs are selfless, there are selfish aspects of it.  I can't wait to experience the pure joy through other parents' eyes knowing I helped to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment