Wednesday, September 18, 2019

let's do this!

I had a great meeting with Dr. Nair this afternoon!  She was absolutely lovely and told me everything - the good and the bad.  Frankly, everything is good, but I will start with her upfront and candid statement.  Here is what she said: 

I meet a lot of people in your position.  The majority never make it to the transfer phase because for a myriad of reasons they do not drop the weight.  

By the end of the conversation, I think she also believed that we would be meeting each other in due time.  Dr. Nair could sense my motivation to make this work and ultimately my determination.  Here is some of what we learned:

  • While I cannot go through transfer until I am under 35 BMI, we can start the screening process when I am around 200 pounds.  Screening involves diagnostic testing of the uterine lining as well as a saline ultrasound.
  • Around that same time, we should engage legal to draw up an appropriate contract to protect everyone in the process.
  • I will also go to my own OBGYN to have my IUD removed.
  • Should I still be a candidate, I can begin a mock cycle for hormonal response.  If we get to this point and the there are no identifiable uterine abnormalities, I am a candidate for B/P to remain in the shared risk program.  
  • Then the fun begins (so I have been told).
At this time, my immediate goals remain much the same:
  • Focus on my own well being and weight loss.
  • Start a prenatal vitamin.
  • Research the right therapists for the psychological consultations.  There will be three sessions - one for Jacob and me, one for B/P, and one for the four of us.
Beyond having a good meeting, I really enjoyed Dr. Nair's spirit and optimism throughout the call.  I am really excited to have confirmation to proceed, even though we may have speed bumps along the way!  I will say that Dr. Nair feels that we will probably get to where we need to be in 6-8 months.  I am thinking 4 - we shall see!  Even though we didn't shake hands nor does she know my goal, I have accepted the challenge!

"Life is a gift, and if offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more." - Tony Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment