Tuesday, December 31, 2019

i'll give a shit later

Things are continuing to progress nicely.  I got word from the nurse yesterday that I needed to call the pharmacy to schedule my medications.  Everything is scheduled to be delivered Thursday!  Crazy!  We still have to wait for my cycle to start these, but we are on track!  Because things are moving along, we need to get on the books with an attorney.

I have been told by several people in Richmond that I need to retain a specific lawyer here that focuses on surrogacy and assisted reproduction.  She has been so kind and has answered many questions via phone and offered her assistant to speak to me further on other items.  Yesterday I finally reached out to say we are ready to schedule.  With that email, I also asked several questions.  I mean, it wouldn't be in Julia Meade fashion if I didn't have millions of questions because I refuse to go into something not knowing.  

This morning I woke up to a very direct, somewhat harsh email from the attorney.  There were some items that I was misunderstood on from my notes way back when and I was happy to apologize.  Regardless, it set me back a little bit.  Now that I have gone to the gym and reflected a little bit, I realize she is still the best person to represent me.  She is a lawyer, they are direct and harsh and lay it all on the table.  This is what we need.  I need to get over my feelings and remember why I need her.  I guess what bothered me the most is that she mentioned that she has gone out of her way to guide us without retaining her yet plus she offers a discount for compassionate carrier arrangements.  

While I am a pain in the ass and seek to understand everything, I get her point.  Her time is valuable.  Thus, I responded asking to schedule a consultation and offering to pay for an hour and a half of her normal billable rate in the meantime because she has been so kind and forthcoming.  I guess even with that, I am still frustrated.  So, that is where this little "i'll give a shit later" box comes in.  

We all know I stew over stupid shit.  So, I am writing this post and putting the email into my box because I am not going to let it ruin my day.  I look forward to her response and getting a consultation on the books!


The paper is folded up and down the hatch it went!  If you don't have one of these, I suggest making one PRONTO!  Boy does it help me to have something tangible as I cannot always "let it be."


No comments:

Post a Comment