Sunday, December 22, 2019

ready to ride

From an outsider's perspective, it is likely hard to understand all of the logistics that has to go into this.  I was delightfully surprised when I opened email tonight to see contact from our nurse this past Friday.  Here is a brief snippet of what the next steps are (aside from my MFM consultation, the remaining psychological sessions, executing legal agreements...I could go on and on):

My name is Stephanie and I am the nurse who will be working with you. I have been working with Bethany and Phillip for a while and they are the sweetest couple.  I understand all went well yesterday which is wonderful.
Please let me know when your next menses  starts (full flow) and I will get you prepared for the medicated mock cycle. You will need to have a baseline blood HCG (pregnancy test) done on day 2, 3 or 4 of menses prior to starting the mock cycle which consists of estrogen medication for about 2 weeks followed by a blood work/ultrasound to measure the endometrial thickness. How far do you live from the Richmond office? You may go to this office for monitoring or any Shady Grove office that is convenient for you.
Depending on the results of the 2 weeks on estrogen medication you will be instructed to start an oral form of Progesterone called Provera but I will give you instructions.

I will call in the prescription for the Estrogen and Progesterone medication to a Fertility Specialty pharmacy called RARx. They will contact you to coordinate delivery of the medications to your house.

So, onto the next steps.  One thing at a time.  I will keep taking these steps as they come and so look forward to the end result later next year, if we are lucky enough to carry a sweet child without issue!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like all is going well; keep on keeping on! xo

    ReplyDelete