Thursday, December 12, 2019

little progress = bigger goals

These last few weeks have been extremely difficult.  I have been working to get our Christmas cards done, pulling off a surprise birthday party, celebrating Jacob's birthday, hosting Thanksgiving, taking care of everything at work, death of a family friend, all while juggling the added crap that comes with the holiday season.  I have been struggling to eat well and be committed to the gym. I have been going to the gym most days, but typically quit after a mile because I am not into it. 

Over the past two weeks, I have only lost two pounds total.  Frankly, I am very happy for those losses, but know I could have done more.  I have been eating like shit days on end, which definitely doesn't help when it comes to less exercise.

Bethany and I made a pact this week to kick ass in the gym over the next week.  So, starting yesterday and through next Tuesday, we are both going to get 20 miles in!  I am hoping for a 3 pound loss this week, which will take me down to 205.  I think being at 205 will be a good place as we go to meet Dr. Nair for the mock embryo transfer next Thursday and then spend the remainder of the day in DC getting our psychological evaluation done. 

For the mock embryo transfer (or MET) that we are having next week, there really isn't anything I know of that can count us out with that test.  Basically, it is a trial run of the actual transfer so that the doctor get measurements and figure out the best navigation.  After this, there is another mock transfer, called the medicated mock transfer to then test the uterine lining (which is huge to ensuring I stay in the shared risk program).  The difference between the two is that right now, I am on oral birth control.  When I have the medicated mock, I will be off the birth control and taking oral meds and having shots administered to prepare my body for the best possible outcome for pregnancy.  This medical regimen is repeated for actual transfer, too. 

The psychological evaluation will take about 5 hours (kill me now).  Poor Jacob took off work, too.  He has to go for the MET to have blood work drawn.  If we are going to be sexually active during pregnancy, it is important to ensure that he also does not have any infectious diseases.  He also has a part of the psych eval.  APparently, I will meet with the psychologist on my own for about an hour and a half, then the two of us together for another hour and a half, then I have to take some scantron personality test which takes a couple of hours.

My parents have so kindly agreed to come and pick our kids up from school and do the evening routine because we likely won't get home until pretty late.  Even if we finish up around 5, I assume traffic will be a nightmare and we may not be home until 9 or so.

So, big week next week.  In the meantime, send me all of your thoughts and motivation to eat well and get my 20 miles in!  Last time I set a goal like this (18 miles), I got it done and had a big loss! 

Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment