Wednesday, December 4, 2019

validation

Most mornings, while walking at the gym I listen to different pod casts that show perspectives of intended parents as well as carriers.  This morning was no different, however, I took the time after I got home to actually finish the podcast.  I am so glad I did!  Here is a snippet of what the intended mother had to say about the journey of infertility and surrogacy and her largest piece of advice through it all:

"Advocate for yourself every single step from the beginning or you waste so much time and you waste so much money if you are not willing to search out answers for yourself.  As much as you might love your clinic, as much as you might love your RE, they are all human.  They see so many people in the same boat, trying to have a baby, and there is just only so much personalization you can do to each person's protocol, treatment, and plan.  Sometimes it is going to be in your best interest to think outside the box and to challenge your medical providers in what their plan of care is for you.  It may be more cookie cutter than it needs to be.  Research, research, research, and be your own champion to have the family you want."  Ashlee Hammonds (Podcast I want to Put a Baby in You!)

We are in this for a reason and I will never stop doing my own due diligence, even if it means not directly dealing with Bethany and Phillip's providers.

No comments:

Post a Comment