Tuesday, December 17, 2019

nerves

I have been a little nervous to write lately.  While everything is okay on our end, poor Bethany and Phillip are trying to get their sweet puppy well.  Jacob and I have made it very clear that if we need to reschedule Thursday's appointments, that is okay.  I may not want anything delayed, I also want Bethany and Phillip in a completely good mindset to proceed.

Prior to our appointments this week, and because we have not met with our attorneys yet, Bethany and I have to have some candid conversations.  Even though I think we are on the same page, I have to be sure.  Imagine these difficult topics:

  • What if my health is ever in jeopardy?
  • What if the baby's health is ever in jeopardy?
  • What if the embryo splits?  Will selective reduction be a factor?
  • What if a test comes back with high probability of a genetic disorder, such as Down Syndrome?
These are just the tip of the iceberg.  I truly believe we are in agreement on these items, but we still have to have the conversation.  The worst would be if we both go into our individual psych sessions and have differing opinions.  I would imagine that would rule us out pretty quickly.

So, here's to hoping for some time to connect with Bethany and Phillip, sincere prayers for puppy Lucy, a significant weight loss this week, safe travels to and from NoVA/DC, and the right frame of mind for all of us as we go through the motions this Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment