Friday, August 6, 2021

many milestones

Today we met the 27 week mark!  That means we only have 12 weeks to go!  Here are some stats of the baby's growth at this time:



I also walked 4.3 miles this morning, which I haven't gone above 3.5 in months (and the number of times over 3 is not many).  I finished my first week in my new role at work - so far so good!  Lastly, our beloved Studley house closed today - yippee!

So much wonderful - all around us.  I took about 20 minutes today to ride over to Studley and say my goodbyes.  In addition to leaving a note and cookies for the new family, I popped my head in every room, thanking God via prayer for all of the amazing memories we will cherish forever.  It was bittersweet.  As I looked down at my belly, I showed gratitude for the decision that Jacob and I made within those walls to be a part of this experience.  I fondly remember when I had finally lost the weight and was approved for the Shared Risk Program and all four of our families came to celebrate in that lovely home.  I thought about how we brought Meade home from the hospital there, completing our family.  I couldn't help but think of how in a few short months, Bethany and Phillip will experience the same with their new baby in their new home.  

I am in awe.  I am full.  Had anyone told me 3 years ago that this is where I would be today, I would have laughed in their face.  However, here we are and I have never been more content.  Life may be crazy, but I have to take a minute to soak it in and find the beauty that is always present.

No comments:

Post a Comment