Thursday, August 19, 2021

mixed emotions

I am really excited for Saturday and the baby shower to celebrate Bethany and Phillip.  Since we began taking strides to make this a reality, Bethany and I both have mentioned how we could see us together a baby shower long down the road to prepare for the special occasion.  It doesn't seem real that that day is almost here.  There is no one more deserving to be spoiled for the birth of a baby more than Bethany.  She and Phillip have endured so much heartache and their opportunity at a family is finally coming to fruition (crossing my fingers and holding my breath that nothing strikes us down in these last few months).  

On the other hand, I am a bit nervous.  I want this day to be all about Bethany and hopefully I am there just to be like any other guest.  At least that is my hope.  All of the families have done more than enough to celebrate me and this day is not about me so I hope that is clear.  Conversely, I suppose that I worry about being "on display."  I know that sounds awful, but it is just something that I think about.  I believe that I have been around the families enough that I will just be another person but to some of the friends that I have yet to meet, I hope everything is cool and calm and the focus remains on Bethany at all times.

My sincerest hope is that I can sit down a little bit and give Bethany and Phillip the opportunity to feel their sweet little girl move.  She is a wiggle worm and they should be able to experience that regardless of who is carrying their bundle of joy.  

I have the favors complete and will be baking tomorrow to add a little something sweet for everyone to take home.  I know I say it all the time, but the fact that we are 28 weeks is just surreal and I am so excited to be drawing closer to the finish line with each day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment