Wednesday, August 4, 2021

showered with precaution

I received a mass text from Bethany last night asking that all attendees for the shower wear a mask while inside due to the rampant delta variant that is impacting all of the US.  The tone of the message seemed a little off, so I connected with Bethany this morning.  She sounds stressed over it all.  When I reached out, I was hoping she wasn't experiencing too much anxiety about the shower, which she confirmed.  

However, she did express that she is concerned about the birth, which I completely understand.  I tried to help with her concerns in that even if only one person is allowed in the operating room with me, I do not need Jacob and would prefer her to be there.  It is not ideal and I want all three of them in the room, I think that Bethany is the most important if we had to put this ridiculous ranking system in place.

I do fear that we are headed for another shut down and I pray that everything will work out for the delivery and the time thereafter in the hospital.  No matter what, it will still be the most beautiful experience and everyone sharing time with the sweet girl will happen as the situation is safe enough to do so.  I do plan on calling the social worker at VCU just to get an idea of what we can get approved for today (in writing) knowing it may change as COVID protocol changes.  We shall see what they say.


No comments:

Post a Comment