Monday, August 23, 2021

sweet enough

Today I had the pleasure of drinking the orange syrup (puke!) and wait around for the blood test at the doctor.  I must say that I don't remember the orange flavor, which isn't near as bad as the grape I recall previously.  The thickness of it is what got me, though.  Plus, trying to drink it quickly (literally in like 10 seconds) so the many many burps that followed were lovely.  

Bethany and I got to Facetime as we talked to Dr. C about everything.  My BP was great as were my belly measurements.  The heartbeat was right around 130 so perfect!  I did gain three pounds - ugh, I blame it on the delicious baby shower but Dr. C was not at all concerned.  There was the question of a tubal ligation after delivery which I am giving more thought now than ever before.  I don't think I can go through this again, but even if I did, my own tubes aren't necessary.  I don't know what to do honestly.  I think my worst fear is that it would mess me up hormonally and I definitely don't want that.  I suppose this just means that I need to up my research game!

The best news was that we got a message on the portal late tonight that all lab results were perfect.  No concern for gestational diabetes here nor any other issues that could be indicated with blood work!  Woohoo!  Thankfully, I have not had any blood sugar issues with any pregnancy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment