Friday, August 27, 2021

words of meaning

When I was at the shower last weekend, Bethany read aloud a poem she had written for me.  It was beautiful and more than I ever could have expected - better than any gift that can be received.  I wanted to share that with you.  Cue the tears...

This story starts with sadness and crushing grief,

I'll never get pregnant, it was a soul wrenching belief.

Months went by and my heart hurt like hell,

I walked among the world like an empty shell.

I couldn't muster the strength to consider another option, 

I needed time to heal before considering adoption.


Tucked in my email was a message that caught my eye,

"Just an offer" was the title, my intrigue was high.

Julia Meade expressed her sadness for what we'd been through, 

She offered to carry our pregnancy, God told her this she could do.

As my mind registered the message, my heart began to soar,

I knew immediately her offer, was one I wanted to explore.


And so we became a team, two women on a mission.

Jacob and Phillip fully on board, they gave us no opposition.

Speaking of Phillip, he was amazingly excited.

He thought he would never have his own child and was beyond delighted.


Julia Meade got to work - this woman is seriously amazing.

She got questions answered, her determination ablazing.

She was on top of everything and moved us quickly along.

After only five months we were approved and going strong.


Throughout the next hear we had setbacks and loss,

Pandemic and miscarriages all difficult to cross.

But all along, Julia Meade stayed steady and strong-willed.

She knew this journey was her purpose, she was fulfilled.

Even at times, when my hope waned and faltered

She'd remind me of her commitment - it was never altered.


You see, Julia Meade is a woman made of fiery grace,

In her expansive love, you always have a place.

At times I fell down, hopeless and depleted,

But she kept me going, "We got this," she repeated.

Now my dear friends, comes the greatest part,

What started in grief is now a hopeful beating heart.


Julia Meade, there are not enough Thank You's I could ever say,

But you are now my family and and in my heart you'll stay.

Thank you my angel, my sister, my friend,

I love you immensely, our bond will never end.


Hearing this and reading several times since gets me every darned time.  I couldn't be happier to be in this moment right now with Bethany and Phillip.



No comments:

Post a Comment