Thursday, October 24, 2019

a new year

Today marks a new year, but the mission of the journey remains the same.  I am completely humbled by the many messages I received today - my family and friends are simply the best!  On my birthday next year, I am determined to be in the third trimester with B/P's sweet, sweet baby. 

I woke up feeling fulfilled.  I went on with my normal routine and hit the gym, knocking out to miles.  At the end of the day, I feel peace and validation.  Beyond the many, many "Happy Birthday" messages, I received a few really special ones.  Several people, some aware of this journey, some not, sent messages that thanked me for being an inspiration.  I get teared up writing this.  If I left this earth today, I would be okay.  If I have inspired others in some way, shape or form, I have met my purpose in life.

At this point, though, I'm not done!  I have so much more to give, so much light to spread, and so many others to influence in doing something kind for others. 

On my way home from the gym this morning, I sobbed.  I sobbed not because I was unhappy but because I have found the best of me.  It may have taken 36 years, but who cares.  I have never felt so much peace, understanding, and contentment in my life.  Everything has aligned.  I really attribute the majority of that to listening to my heart and sending the offer via email to B.

I am so thankful to have each of you here with me.  Your unwavering support for all of us is felt through prayers, notes, and encouragement.  I will leave you with the sweetest card I have ever received.  My dear Gregory, led by his crazily patient teacher made this for me today:




I love you because you are:

  • Caring
  • Pretty
  • Nice
My heart is overflowing!



4 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday! You inspire me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve! And, Happy, Happy to you today!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful cards from that sweet litle boy!

    ReplyDelete