Tuesday, October 8, 2019

the power of gratitude

Yesterday, at work, I was forwarded this article:  The Neuroscience of Gratitude.

I just finished reading it and man does it ring true. I really feel as though I am in the best spot in my life because I am more grateful for everything I have.  Unfortunately, struggling on my own and watching others, both past and present, helps me to create a sense of gratitude in my own life.

As the process of being a Gestational Carrier continues to morph, I am filled with the utmost gratitude.  For the support we are receiving from everyone.  For the honest opinions and fears I have and others have shared with me.  For the unknown, yet the optimistic future.  For the strengthened relationship with God I have found.  For the blending of families.  For the confidence of so many on this journey with us.  For a wonderful work environment in which I am valued.  For the progress I see, even if it is little by little.  For the determination to keep going and make it all a reality.

Being so optimistic has never been easy for me, but I try hard these days to stay positive and enjoy the ride.  Just the small changes I have made truly do make a difference.  I don't think I will ever be perfect in this regard (is anyone?), but for me, it has proven to be worthwhile!

Next step here - I need to start a gratitude journal.  In doing this, I will be more cognizant of all I have, trying not to take anything for granted.

“Gratitude drives happiness. Happiness boosts productivity. Productivity reveals mastery. And mastery inspires the world”.  - Robin Sharma

2 comments:

  1. Love this article...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Even though I read it for work, I am going to apply it to ALL aspects of my life. Glad you enjoyed it too!

      Delete