Monday, October 7, 2019

the hugs

The best thing happened yesterday.  Frankly, I am still high on the time and my heart is beyond full.

B/P came over to visit along with P's sweet parents.  When B walked in the door, we just hugged.  The hug lingered but could've lasted for ever.  We cried and kept hugging.  It just felt right.  We are meant to be here together, right now, for this purpose.  Once B and I released, I got the best hugs from P and his parents as well.  Everyone came in, saw the children, we did a little small talk and then settled in in our living room.

The room we NEVER use and that Jacob wants to turn into something "useful."  To me, the formal living room is a place of peace that I want to keep.  It was so fitting for us all to sit in there and just chat.  We talked about a multitude of subjects, some easy, some not so easy.  Nobody has had a flawless go at life, but we make the best of it.  I learned about B's grandmother and the cookies she used to make.  I learned about P's biological father and step father, his siblings.  P's father told us about his careers and how he grew up in a small town like me.  P's mom spoke about her career, their home, and the fact they are figuring out their next steps.  Everyone was just lovely.

I spoke about my family.  My children interrupted - at least this was a taste of what they are in for!  Meade even slammed her fingers in the door after we constantly told her to leave the door alone.  Jacob had to take her out of the room screaming - hopefully she learned a lesson this time!  We even got to hear that B/P are considering moving back to the Richmond area.  Well, that is awesome!  I tried not to show too much excitement, but this made my heart soar. 

Before they left, B and I had to get a picture!  Do you see that sliver of light between me and B?  That my friends is progress!  Yeah, she is skinny but even when I hug skinny people, my belly still doesn't allow for any slice of air between us.  Now, it does!!  That is the first thing I noticed in the picture and it still makes me smile! 

As we were wrapping up the conversations, which were never dull, I stepped out of the room as we were dispersing.  When I walked back in P's mom was asking about the pregnancies I have had and the fact she knows that it will be difficult on him, too.  She has no idea.  My pregnancies are never ideal, but I think this will be different and I will make sure I am not too hard on Jacob - I mean, I won't be able to use the excuse "you did this to me!" 

More hugs from all and they were off.  I watched them leave the driveway and smiled.  The last several weeks have been a whirlwind and I wouldn't change them for the world. 

I told Jacob after they left that whether he likes it or not, we are going to become one big family and it is going to be perfect and beautiful.  Jacob gets over family time quickly so I was interested to hear his response.  He simply said "I know."  The fact he didn't argue or roll his eyes or anything else is huge.  He is okay with all of this because it makes me happy!

I can't wait until the next time we all get to squeeze each other again!

No comments:

Post a Comment