Wednesday, October 23, 2019

progress!

Things may never be ideal or perfect for everyone.  For me, I try to make the most of everything.  I am in the most perfect and ideal spot for me and I cannot be more thankful.  I am on the right journey at the right time and it is so much more than what will be given to B/P.  I am getting healthier for myself and my family.

I made a goal last week to walk/jog 18 miles.  Note, I made a monthly goal at the beginning of October to do a total of 38 miles (see the scaling down page).  18 in one week?  That's nuts, but I was determined.  I ended yesterday with a total of 18.5 miles for the week!!!  Since I weigh in on Wednesday mornings, I went in so excited to step on that scale.  Another 3 pound loss!

Anything is possible when we put our mind to it and limit the negative inner dialogue. 

What is so cool about all of this is that I was getting bored on the treadmill.  Yes, I would watch the news or SportsCenter or anything to keep me going, but it wasn't enough.  You know what I have found that is perfect?!?  Watching and listening to training courses that help me be a better professional, but more importantly, a better person.  If I am not happy with my work and continually fighting to overcome my weaknesses, what is the point?

This morning all of this hit me hard as I was watching a course of self-improvement modeling.  This resonated with me and I will leave it with you:

The Power of Thought - Walter Doyle Staples

When you change your thinking, you change your beliefs.
When you change your beliefs, you change your expectations.
When you change your expectations, you change your attitude.
When you change your attitude, you change your behavior.
When you change your behavior, you change your performance.
When you change your performance, you change your life!

What can you do to shift your thoughts and be the next best version of yourself?

6 comments:

  1. I can definitely use these principles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of your making your goal! And podcasts get me through (a lot less :O) ) walking. Keep up the good work~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb! Every little bit helps! This week may be tougher, but I am determined to be mindful to make more progress! I will have to get some podcasts ideas from you :)

      Delete
  3. So proud of your continuing positivity. You will do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It wouldn't be possible without your love and support!

      Delete