Thursday, October 17, 2019

an interim goal

I think I am going to ramp up my exercise this week and also be more cognizant of my dietary intake over the next week just as a trial - to see what I can accomplish.

For the month of October, I set a goal to walk/jog a total of 38 miles.  For this week (Wednesday to Tuesday) I am going to set the bar really high and try to walk/jog 18 miles in the seven day period to see if I can realize a larger loss.

I have gone to the gym twice both yesterday and today and while the 18 miles is a lofty goal, I write this to hold myself accountable.  The exercise is making me feel really good (once done) and I am trying to learn to live off of that adrenaline.  Being impatient with weight loss is tough, but it didn't come on in a day and I have to keep telling myself that. This will also force me to get some miles in over the weekend, which I have been struggling with. 

Who knows what this "experiment" will hold.  No matter what, I can only improve!

"A good goal is like strenuous exercise - it makes you stretch." - Mary Kay Ash

Here's to stretching this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment