Friday, October 11, 2019

relinquishing the fear

I have really been struggling lately with one subject only.  What if Jacob and I happen to get pregnant?  That would derail everything!  Even though I have an IUD, we could be that .01% - it has happened to others!

So, as nervous as I was, I asked Jacob if we could start using condoms again.  Well, to my surprise, Jacob was totally okay with it because it was a way to ease my mind through all of this.  I must say that I was kind of freaked out buying condoms again - figured I wouldn't have to do so until my children were in their teenage years.  But, it was pretty liberating and I owned it! 

I must face all fears head on and do what I can to relinquish them.  I am proud of myself for not letting it immobilize me and finding other ways to be comfortable in loving my husband through all of this. 

I am going to bed with peace in my mind and a full heart knowing Jacob is so supportive through this journey.  I could never try to do this on my own and he has had my back since day one!

"A husband is more than a partner; he is a friend, an encourager, a supporter, and a helper always there when you need him." - Catherine Pulsifer

No comments:

Post a Comment