Friday, April 9, 2021

10 weeks

10, ten TEN.  TEN WEEKS.  It is hard to believe that we are here.  I am so grateful but also hesitant to get excited.  Things could turn at any time.  Frankly, I even emailed our nurse this morning because I have now "graduated" to my OB.  Even with graduating, though, the discontinuation of meds means that my body isn't being "tricked" any longer to keep the fetus in and will continue on its own.  That said, should anything have gone awry since our 8.5 week heartbeat, my body will begin to reject the fetus and I should start to bleed in the next few days.

While this seems excruciating, it is somewhat a relief to know what my body is doing verses just listening to meds and having no clue before the next appointment.  We all know that nothing is guaranteed, if we do not see anything crazy in the next several weeks, we should experience good appointments.

One item that makes me nervous about stopping all meds is the fact that I am bracing for a pretty rough headache for the next 1.5-2 weeks.  The last two times my medicine regimen was stopped, the headaches were awful and almost constant.  So, it is a double edged sword.  I'll take it knowing we are going in the right direction, though!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the headaches are mild or nonexistent or at least manageable.

    ReplyDelete