Thursday, April 8, 2021

spring breakin'

Spring break doesn't typically mean much to me in my world, but this is the first year that Gregory has had the opportunity to experience his break from school.  We decided that we would try to do things fun with both children instead of putting Gregory in daycare for the week.  We headed down to my parents' home on the river after getting all of the Easter Bunny goodies Sunday morning.  

I have been working each morning for a few hours but have tried to spend time as a family in the afternoon.  We have played outside, Jacob has taken the kids to playgrounds and on nature walks, we went on a boat ride (contemplated fishing, but I wasn't feeling that great), and just letting the kids be kids - getting dirty, playing with water guns, building forts in the woods, etc.  It has been so nice.

Nothing was as amazing as today, though.  My children have been so excited this week to be able to go home from Granny and Pop's house because we had planned cousin time today.  Jacob and I headed down to Mosely to hang out with Dan (Jacob's brother) and Christen (Bethany's sister) and their two boys.  The children played and played.  They never tired of one another and there were no big meltdowns - it was so nice and relaxing.  Us adults got to hang out and chat, talk pregnancy, etc. and it was more than I could ask for.  I was nervous about going because I am so tired all of the time, but it worked out really well!  I am so thankful that we got to share that time together and the kids were able to reconnect with their cousins that they have seen minimally since COVID started.

In addition to just a wonderful time, I came home with a cooler full of meals!  We ate good tonight, thanks to Bethany's parents, have a few more nights of leftovers and also a delicious looking lasagna in the freezer for later when I'm still lazy!  I can't explain how grateful I am for everyone's support of us during this time and a simple meal goes a long way for me (and for Jacob since he doesn't have to step in at the end of a long day).  

While I am tired, my heart is full.  

No comments:

Post a Comment