Monday, April 12, 2021

too much

I think I may have bitten off too much at this time.  Yes, the housing market makes it a wonderful time for us to sell, so why not look?  Jacob and I fell in love with a house in a nearby neighborhood this past weekend.  We put a super competitive offer on it and were pretty optimistic about it working out.  We knew we wanted to move forward, which meant it was a busy weekend of trying to get our house together.  I had been gathering crap to have a yard sale so my entire dining room was full of that.  

Dan stopped by yesterday morning, after a proactive four point inspection at the other house, and told us that if our offer was accepted, all of the yard sale stuff needs to go in the attic, a deep clean needs to be had, furniture moved, touch ups done, the deck repaired - I could go on and on - so that his photographer could come in Tuesday or Wednesday and the house be put on the market on Thursday.

This week?  In four days?  How in the hell do I manage that?  I am not supposed to be lifting anything.  This is unreal.  On my gosh - I was so overwhelmed.  While I went to grab the family fast food for lunch (who the hell can think about preparing a meal at this time), I literally cried in the drive through.  I was so very overwhelmed.  This was too much, but I will keep going as much as I can.

Jacob spent the weekend taking care of landscaping and such.  I was continuing to gather yard sale crap, getting stuff together to put in the attic so things aren't so cluttered, organizing cabinets/closets so that I can throw other crap in there to get it out of the way, etc.  As I was cleaning out my own closet and putting stuff I haven't worn in several months in trash bags to go in the attic, I felt good about that.  I had brought up scrub brushes, rags, and spray to start scrubbing the upstairs bathroom floors.  Then, Dan called.  When he said "unfortunately" I felt such a huge relief.  We didn't get the house.  Thank goodness.  I couldn't do it all. Not right now.  I needed more time.  The stress wasn't worth it.  

As much as I loved that house, it isn't the right time.  I was getting too overwhelmed and potentially putting this pregnancy at risk, which will never be worth it.  I am so thankful it worked out the way it did.  I have bought extra time to get everything in order around our house and we will keep looking.  I have time to hire someone to fix the deck.  I can think about paint color for a couple of rooms that make sense to spruce up.  Also, we didn't lose by a couple thousand dollars.  Our offer on a home listed at 500k went up to 536k, but it went for 600k.  I couldn't be happier for that seller and we couldn't compete with the offer - so everyone wins!

Now, am trying to relax a little bit and take things one at a time without getting too overwhelmed in the process, focusing on this pregnancy and my health at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment